So there haven’t been any updates because we have been busy. What’s been going on since last update on Feb 21. Let’s see:
- Almie travelled to Chicago for work for 3 days
- Teren started baseball practices
- A couple of snow days
- Almie and I did that food and wine tasting seattle convention thing. Thanks Anjo
- My Riolink finally needed new batteries after about 3 months of use. I should get some rechargeable ones. Riolink Argus link. <– link to a link 🙂
- Tara is almost done with her driving school, so no more driving her to driving school 🙂
- I raced mountain bikes at Lord Hill, it hurt
- Tara has been working at Little Kickers
- Met with a finance guy, age 50 to
retiremove on to next adventure looking likely
- Almie made the board for SU school of business
- Tara has had 2 soccer games. They won a very crucial one that could put them in Hawaii for regionals this summer. Of course soccer practices sprinkled in there
- Shout out to Jason and Rachel for giving me rides to work, saves me bus ride time
- Almie going hard on triathlon training, like 6 days week
- Happy Birthday Jill, we went home early cause Almie is so tired from said training. She’s next to me snoring it up
- Tara has slept over at her buddies houses
- Jessica came in town to visit
- Teren and Almie did comic con
- Teren currently at grandparents house cause I thought there was no baseball practices this weekend, turns out there was two
- Today I volunteered at our teams time trial race, sat in traffic home, helped Almie start riding, get Tara to driving school, then
ranjogged, showers, Jills party. Now we at Tiffany’s street, driveway surfing here for the 1st time. A little nerve racking, but we thank her for it.
- Add on the daily questions where we parking, we need water, we need groceries, where/what’s for dinner. Lots of planning
- Oh don’t forget about work
Lots and lots of conversation about the van. It has been pretty great living out of it. Today makes it 7 weeks.
Sometimes having to plan out where/when to get water has been sucky. Kids probably hate planning out where to shower.
Dishes suck too. I miss my dishwasher. But not that much.
Laundry has been awesome cause I don’t have to do it! Unless we stop by my parents house. The lady “Thi” at Pinehurst Laundrymat washes it and folds it so nicely. I do need more pants. 4 pairs or pants ain’t really cutting it. It’s great minimalist wise, but not functionally. I guess it would work if I actually did my own laundry.
“Where do you stay?” Well I have a list of 15 places I wan to park at. So far we have done 3, today is #4. I would like to eventually rotate 6-10 places. But 2 places we go to are so so good and convenient. So good like birthplaces of unicorns good.
We are going out to eat more often. But I think we are wasting less food (groceries). I think in the long run cost wise it balances out.
The van really needs a wash. I either need to take it to brown bear, wash it at a house, or take it to the mall I guess there is detailer there.
The search for the 2nd van is happening. We know when Tara leaves we want to get smaller. I think once we have a smaller van we can be stealthier and park at more places. Don’t get me wrong Vanessa Hudgens has got everything we need. But she’s not stealthy, she’s more like bet on it or we all in this together.
I’m going to leave you this picture of a jacket/towel/blanket/sleeping bag/changing station. My teammate’s wife made it. It is good for changing after exercise. I need this in my life. She made it people!
Dear sun, it was good to see you.